Vino Rosso Bernino Greo Colline LucchesiClassification:

P.G.I. Protected Geographic Indication.

Grapes Blend:

Vines of Red Grapes selected from our vineyard: different clones of Sangiovese (70%), remaining 30% red band quality (Canaiolo, Malvasia, Colorino).

Vineyards:

  • Vineyards with Southeast exposure in the hills at an average altitude of 200 meters above sea level.
  • Land consisting of medium chestnut texture.
  • Farming in overturned rows.

Vinification:

  • Manual harvesting in crates in order to make a better selection of the grapes.
  • Traditional vinification with fermentation in typical wooden vat, initial storage in oak barrels.
  • Month following the harvest, an addition by the “Tuscan Government” to using selected dried grapes.
  • Aging in oak barrels.
  • The product is bottled after about 36 mounths.

Tasting notes:

Wine has a deep ruby color to it. It has a pleasant fruity, floral scent. Wild red and black berries tastes are intertwined. Once the wine is left to breathe after opened, there emerges a delicate, yet spicy taste the tanning flavor is well integrated. The wine has an excellent structure, round, very pleasant and harmonic to the palate.

Alcohol level:

13,5% Vol.

Ideal wine temperature:

16°C-18°C * 60.8°F-64.4°F

Aging process needed prior to serving:

Between 3-4 years