P.G.I. Protected Geographic Indication.
Vines of Red Grapes selected from our vineyard: different clones of Sangiovese (70%), remaining 30% red band quality (Canaiolo, Malvasia, Colorino).
- Vineyards with Southeast exposure in the hills at an average altitude of 200 meters above sea level.
- Land consisting of medium chestnut texture.
- Farming in overturned rows.
- Manual harvesting in crates in order to make a better selection of the grapes.
- Traditional vinification with fermentation in typical wooden vat, initial storage in oak barrels.
- Month following the harvest, an addition by the “Tuscan Government” to using selected dried grapes.
- Aging in oak barrels.
- The product is bottled after about 36 mounths.
Wine has a deep ruby color to it. It has a pleasant fruity, floral scent. Wild red and black berries tastes are intertwined. Once the wine is left to breathe after opened, there emerges a delicate, yet spicy taste the tanning flavor is well integrated. The wine has an excellent structure, round, very pleasant and harmonic to the palate.
Ideal wine temperature:
16°C-18°C * 60.8°F-64.4°F
Aging process needed prior to serving:
Between 3-4 years