Vino Rosso Greo Colline LucchesiClassificazione:

Rosso di Toscana P.G.I. Protected Geographic Indication.

Grape Blend:

Vines of Red Grapes selected from our vineyard: different clones of Sangiovese (70%), remaining 30% red band quality (Canaiolo, Merlot, Colorino).

Vineyards:

  • Vineyards with Southeast exposure in the hills at an average altitude of 200 meters above sea level.
  • Land consisting of medium chestnut texture.
  • Farming in overturned rows.

Vinification:

  • Manual harvesting in crates in order to make a better selection of the grapes.
  • Traditional vinification with fermentation in typical wooden vat, initial storage in oak barrels.
  • Month following the harvest, an addition by the “Tuscan Government” to using selected dried grapes.
  • Aging in oak barrels.
  • The product is bottled after about 24 mounths.

Tasting notes:

Wine has a ruby color to it. It is well balanced and pleasant to the palate. The grape has an intense wood and wild fruits with delicate “Moscato d’Amburgo” flavor. To the palate, it leaves a delightful, yet a pleasant spicy and light tanning flavor giving the wine a unique and harmonious blackberry taste.

Alcohol level:

12,5 % Vol.

Ideal wine temperature:

16°C-18°C * 60.8°F – 64.4°F

Aging process needed prior to serving:

Between 2-3 years